, we're learning a lot, and anxious to share it with you! With that in mind, this post hasn't gone through out normal editing process and we apologize for any spelling or grammatical errors. 2017 is weeks away, so if you haven't started working on a new business plan for next year, now is the time to do it. Developing a plan for new business is important because it aligns everyone at your company around a specific goal with a specific strategy to get there and, heck, impresses your boss if you aren't the CEO. Jody Sutter from
The Sutter Company
outlined to the eight elements necessary for any new business plan:
1. The Marketplace
- Trends in the industry
- Who is your competition?
- What you need to do to stay competitive
- Who do you want to compete against?
2. Sales Performance
- Where are your sales opportunities coming from?
- How many pitches does it take to acquire a customer?
- The ratio between proactive to reactive pitches
3. Goals and Benchmarks