1. The Marketplace
- Trends in the industry
- Who is your competition?
- What you need to do to stay competitive
- Who do you want to compete against?
2. Sales Performance
- Where are your sales opportunities coming from?
- How many pitches does it take to acquire a customer?
- The ratio between proactive to reactive pitches
3. Goals and Benchmarks
- Develop the strategy first and then the financial needs to achieve defined goals
- The amount of organice growth to be expected next year
- How much focus on prospecting is needed to meet goals?
4. Meeting Goals
- The number of pitches needed to meet new business goals
- What is a reasonable and a aspirational sized of your new business clients?
- The industry or industries targeted for new business
- Goals and benchmarks supported by a budget
5. The Team
- Who is on the team?
- What does your team do?
- Is the team's strengths aligned with new business goals?
6. Public Relations and Marketing
- It's important to have a meaningful position in the market
- Have a story to tell and repeat it throughout your organization and during the sales process
- Tactics should align with the story
- What level of operational excellence does your organization provide?
- Where can you improve operationssuch as staff, tols, process, and materials?
8. The Executive Summary
- This is written last but first in the plan
- It is smart and concise
- Highlight key points and your organization's advantages
Chances are you want new business. If you're thinking more strategically than the average bear, you might even have a goal for new business, but have you put pen to paper on a plan to get that new business? Probably not. Now's the time to put together a new business plan for 2017 and include these key elements.
If you're working on sales planning, start thinking about how to break down the silos between marketing and sales. A great start is to audit your online marketing, so that you know where you're starting from on the marketing side. Request a no obligation marketing audit from No Bounds Digital today.